Wednesday, March 29, 2017

So this week was pretty crazy. Without getting caught up in unimportant details, there was some turmoil within the district. We made it 6 weeks without any major contention though, so I'd say that's not so bad! Each of the trials that we go through help us grow. The Lord knows what we need, and he knows what experiences will help us grow the best. Sometimes, it's incredibly hard.

This week was just so strange, but I know that it was something I needed to experience! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission! It's been such a blast. It's so easy to love and to make friends here! For example, yesterday amidst all of the drama, I found myself in a waiting room in the main building. As I was sitting there, I just started asking the Elders and Sisters where they were from, where they were serving, and what they liked about the MTC. I had such a good time talking with them! I can't wait to get to Hungary and just talk with people. Even if they don't care to hear my message at all, I'm just going to say it. At this point, I'd teach a brick wall, so long as it was a nonmember! 

All joking aside, I think you get the point. This is the most important message anybody can receive in their eternal lives! This Gospel has something for everybody on the planet. It will help you receive more joy and happiness into your life than you could even comprehend. The Savior of the world died for EVERYONE and he can help anybody with any struggle that they have. I have seen his hand in my own life and I can testify that Jesus Christ can help you through anything. If you're having a bad day, just open the scriptures. Read them. Pray about it. You WILL feel better, I promise. I love Philippians 4:13 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me"

That goes for all of us. Life can be hard, but we have nothing to fear! I love you all so much! Stay strong. Let me know if I can help any of you in any way and I'll do anything I can within reason to help!

Until next week,
Burnett Elder

Hungarian word of the week is követni which means to follow. I just think it's a beautiful word, and one that will be used often!

No comments:

Post a Comment