Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Another week has come and gone! We said goodbye to the Dutch and the Turkish so the numbers in our zone have quickly diminished. Our district of Hungarians are the last ones here, bringing us down to just 10 missionaries! Luckily, we get 10 more Dutch elders today at some point and I have the awesome opportunity to welcome them in! I'm super excited to meet them all!

Last night, we had an amazing devotional by Elder Craig Zwick of the 70. He spoke on "building the Kingdom" and it really helped me to realize the importance of this work! At one point, we were watching a video which depicted pioneers pushing their handcarts through a frozen river, breaking ice with their feet as they pushed along. The hymn "Come Come Ye Saints" was playing in the background, and as the video was showing the bitter trials that the pioneers had to endure, the song said, "Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard? 'Tis not so; all is right!" and when I heard those words I thought of myself. Serving a mission isn't the easiest thing I've ever done, and sometimes it feels like the hardest thing I've ever done. Sometimes I feel discouraged, like this is "too hard" but 'Tis not so! All is right! So that's my spiritual thought for the week. Sometimes you may feel discouraged and like our lives are too hard. Don't you dare ever give up! The sun will rise tomorrow morning and you will overcome any trial if you just trust in the Lord. The plan is real and it is perfect.

I hope you've all had a wonderful week!

Sok szerettetel,

Burnett Elder

Hungarian word of the week is one of my new favorite things to say. In Hungary, instead of saying, "What the heck?" they say, "What the miracle?" which is "Micsoda?" (pronounced me choda). Hungarian is a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment