Monday, March 18, 2019

Has it seriously been a week already? Things are going a million miles an hour here in Miskolc and it's epic. I'm just grateful to be done bouncing back and forth between Debrecen and Nyíregyháza. Miskolc is a pretty big city. There are tons of 10 stories and endless people to talk to, so that's been great. We've seen daily miracles, and that's no exaggeration. It's a really awesome feeling when you hit the pillow at night completely exhausted, but you know you made a difference! What an honor to be able to have a responsibility like this.

Their new apartment:

I've been studying grace this week with the question in mind, "How can I rely more on the Lord and recognize His grace?" As I've met with families and people who come from circumstances I've never known and as I've done all that I can here as a missionary, I've been so humbled as I've come to realize that I really can't do much. Without the Spirit and without the Lord, I can do nothing at all, actually. So long story short, Christ's grace is the reason that imperfect people like me can do His work. He endows us with strength and power beyond our own abilities and helps us do amazing things! Also.... I have so much to learn about this topic still, so take everything I say for what it's worth hahaha.


~Let's just get to the bullet points~
-Tuesday we got the news that our train left for Miskolc THAT NIGHT so we packed, cleaned, and took off. When we got to Miskolc, I met up with Elder Peery and we headed straight to our new apartment. Our apartment is really really nice. It's freshly remodeled and has a DISHWASHER! The catch is there wasn't much furniture, so we've slowly been getting that this week. Now we have 2 beds, 2 desks, some wardrobes, and the dishwasher works. Life is good!
-Wednesday we went to look up some returning members who ended up not being able to meet, but we felt like there was a reason we were in the area. Elder Peery thought of some people who they had met with a while ago and we swung by for a visit with them and had a great conversation totally led by the spirit! We were totally sent there.
-Tons of tracting.
-Had a great turnout at English class! We have 2 classes: beginner and advanced and there were 21 people in total!
-I got to Skype my dad for his birthday! Seriously so much fun hahaha.
-Met with some awesome families and other people who are investigating the Church
-Got STUFFED by Kati néni (member who cooks for the missionaries. It was awesome.)
-Just saw awesome miracles

I've never been so tired, but I've never been so happy. I'm so grateful for my mission and for all the experiences that have come with it. I know that this Church is the true Church of Jesus Christ and that He is the one who leads it! We have so much valuable knowledge and I love the perspective that comes from that knowledge. I don't have to wonder who God is or what He's like. I know that He looks like me. I know that He knows me. I know that I matter to Him! He loves us. What simple, yet beautiful truths.

~This week's random graffiti~


I gotta go tell people about this, so I'll talk to you all next week!

Szeretettel,

Elder Burnett

1 comment: