Monday, February 4, 2019

I just have to start this one out by saying that I love my mission so much. I've learned so many incredibly valuable life lessons as  I've put my life to the side and done all that I can to serve the Lord here in Hungary. We just saw miracles every single day this week!



I'm kinda short on time this week so I'm going to pray for lightning fingers and bust this thing out!

On Tuesday we met with Tóth Lájos who was baptized about a year ago. He's recently been coming back to Church and he's seriously awesome.

Elder Seeley got called to serve in Sopron so we took a train to Szolnok on Wednesday. I rode with Seeley until Szolnok, where I got off and met Elder Smith, while Seeley continued to Budapest. I got talking with a bácsi who was sitting next to me on the train and forgot to get the second phone from Elder Seeley before jumping off the train. As soon as I jumped off, I realized that I hadn't gotten the phone from him, so I called him and yelled, "Flush it down the toilet! Throw it out the window! Anything!" Don't worry, we didn't actually do it, but it would've been a funny story. (Elder Seeley gave the phone to the Ockeys who were in Budapest and they got it to us, so now we have 2 phones.)

Elder Smith and I got off to a running start together and had an awesome day tracting. We got let in by a funny old couple. The woman let us in and we walked in to find the man watching the soccer game on TV. Without even looking at us, he goes, "You here to convert us?" to which we replied, "We sure are!" then he said, "Can't be done. Go ahead and try." We taught the Restoration and the man, György, kept interrupting and talking about super random politics. His wife was getting frustrated because she was genuinely interested in what we had to say and she said, "Do you want me to get the broom, man? You know I don't like it when you interrupt!" We were trying super hard not to laugh hahaha. Anyway, we're meeting with them again next week and we're excited to see how it goes.

That same day we were knocking doors and this fat guy who was just wearing his underwear answered the door and immediately let us in. He was cooking bread in fat on his stove and we had a really funny conversation with him while he just cooked in his skivvies. It was very clear that he lived alone, but he was super nice and funny. Not interested, but he gave us some of his fat bread and we were on our way hahaha.

We had apartment checks with the Russells and afterward, they took us to McDonald's. As we were driving over there, we got rear-ended. Luckily nothing happened and it wasn't too bad. The guy got out and was like, "The only reason it was loud is because of the license plate banging on the car! Don't worry, nothing happened!" Well, to all of our luck, nothing happened. That's my first car accident!

We visited Jozsef and Erzsi (the family that we found in Balmazújváros) and our 3rd lesson with them was extremely awkward. They don't really want to meet with us again, but we might swing by next time we're in the neighborhood visiting Zoltán (the guy with tattoos who was super cool). We were going to meet with Zoltán and he was super down but at the last minute, he sent us a text and said that unfortunately his son broke out in hives because of some food allergy they didn't know about and they had to take him to the hospital. We'll try again later.

The highlight of our week was probably yesterday when we had a dinner with the Ockeys, Andrea and her son, Erik. We just had such an awesome conversation with them after a fabulous dinner and they both committed to come to Church on Sunday! It was one of the best experiences I've had on my mission.

I love being here and I love missionary work! I don't know what else to say haha. I love Elder Smith and I love Debrecen and things are just awesome. Hope you all have a super awesome week!

Szeretettel,

Elder Burnett

No comments:

Post a Comment