Wednesday, August 9, 2017

This week, I am grateful for rain. I feel like I've been thrown into an oven and there is no escape from the heat, besides the rain.  It's been raining since yesterday, keeping the temperature and a really nice 23 degrees!

We had a lot of good teaching opportunities this week and I've been feeling much better about the language. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts!

One night, as we were laying in bed trying our best to fall asleep in the heat, the power went out and our fan died, so that was fun! Also here's a quick, moderately funny story:

We go to the international ward, where they speak English and Hungarian, so we get a lot of visitors. Last Sunday, a girl in her 20's bore her testimony in Sacrament meeting. One of the first things she said, referring to the previous woman who had born her testimony, was,"That was my mother in law who just bore her testimony..." My companion was pretty disappointed to find out she was married hahahaha.

I got kicked out of a building for the first time so that was exciting. It amazes me how offended people get that two 19 year old boys would try to share a message about the thing they hold most dear to their hearts. A simple "no" is never enough for some people!

Well, I know that more things happened this week but I legitimately can't think of anything more to write about, so I'll share a Spiritual thought I had this week.
Lots of paper work:

My favorite hymn of all time is "He Sent His Son". My favorite part of the song is the ending line, which says, "What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say? Have faith. Have hope. Live like His Son. Help others on their way." It's hard for me to contain my emotions as I listen to those words. The things we are asked to do are simple. Have faith. Have hope. Live like His Son. Help others on their way. I have kind of made this the theme of my mission. As we constantly strive to live better lives, may we have faith, have hope, live like His Son, and help others on their way! In the words of President Thomas S. Monson, "Unless we lose ourselves in the service of others, there is little purpose to our own lives."

Cool building:
I know that my Savior lives. I know that because He lives and loves me, I can live with my family forever. I am so grateful for the peace and joy that the gospel of Jesus Christ has brought into my life. Life is good!

Sok szeretettel,

Burnett Elder

Hungarian word of the week is "faház". Fa means "tree" and ház means "house" but the compound word "faház" means cabin, which I thought was pretty funny.

Made a new friend:


No comments:

Post a Comment