Wednesday, June 21, 2017

This week was pretty busy. I had Zone Leader splits with Elder Ure, a huge zone party since we had 5 baptisms, zone training, a birthday party with Illdiko and Tivadar (for Illdiko), Bogi got baptized, and I made a néni cry!

For our zone day, we basically got a free p-day as a reward for getting 5 baptisms in the zone. We played capture the flag, board games, other sports, and watched Storks. It was super fun!

Bogi's baptism was wonderful. She was our golden investigator who we found through our English class. One day she just came up to Elder Jones and said, "How can I learn more about your church?" and we were dumbfounded. I felt like we were in South America! Things like that only happen in Ensign stories! But she was a true seeker of truth and was very prepared.

While Elder Jones and I were tracting, we met a néni who listened to us. I bore my testimony about the Book of Mormon and about Jesus Christ and his Gospel and how we can receive so many blessings from it. When I finished, she had tears rolling down her cheeks and she asked us what she needed to do to receive these blessings! It was a super good experience and I'm excited to see what will happen next. There really is no greater work than the Lord's! 

We only have 8 days left in the transfer as well, which is crazy. Time is both flying and crawling. I think it's just best if I ignore it, honestly! There are more important things to think about.

Stay strong and always remember your Savior, Jesus Christ. How amazing is it that He can help us through anything? He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows the best ways to help us and comfort us. Sometimes we may feel alone, I know I do, but He is always there. Press forward in faith and you will grow. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Sok szeretettel,

Burnett Elder

p.s. A good Hungarian word for this week is magyarazni, which literally means "to Hungarian" but it means, to explain something. I don't remember if I've already shared this word, but if I have....sorry about it hahaha.

Bogi's baptism:

The dog bites (with scorecard):


Parker selfie:


No comments:

Post a Comment