Tuesday, May 30, 2017

This week was pretty exciting for sure. Attilla and Dora are being baptized next Saturday, Dezső had his baptismal interview and will be baptized the following Saturday, and we were able to set up with some new investigators! We had a referral from the Church for a man who requested a Book of Mormon. His name is Zoltán and he lives like 50 kilometers away (so basically he lives out in Narnia) and we haven't been able to meet with him because of that. Hopefully we'll be able to meet soon! 

Great news! I found my license! I'm so embarrassed because there was a hole in the seam of my wallet, and my license had slipped into the "walls" of the wallet, if that makes sense. It doesn't matter that it was in a stupid place, all that matters is that I found it. I better tell Rohner Elder and Howard Elder so they stop praying about it every night...

Yesterday we were trying to visit with a woman who gave us her address and told us that we could come by and share our message sometime and she wasn't home. We decided to go and tract instead and we walked over to a nearby building. As we were csengőing, I was praying that we might be able to talk with somebody and share our message. Almost as soon as I finished praying, someone behind us excitedly said, "Sziasztok!" It was the lady who works at our local pékség! We see her on at least a weekly basis because we buy bread from her all the time. She invited us into her building and we talked for about an hour and a half at her doorstep about who we are and why we are here. She wasn't super interested, but she listened and accepted a pass along card. We invited her to our English class and she said that she would consider coming. I really feel like it was a seed planting moment. Who knows what will come from it!

I finished the Book of Mormon this week. If you haven't read it, read it. I have come to appreciate the words and the stories of the prophets of old. There really is an endless amount of teachings available through the Book of Mormon combined with the Spirit. As we read and apply the teachings available, we will see improvements in our lives in every aspect. There are so many blessings just waiting to be poured out into your lives! Search for the truth and find it. This is Christ's true church, restored on the earth. I love you all and I hope that all is well!
Until next week, (which will come sooner than you would expect)

Burnett Elder

p.s. Instead of a word this week, I'll just share something funny that the people do here. When they see that we're missionaries, sometimes people will make a motion with their hand as if they're screwing in a lightbulb, which is like them saying we're crazy and that our lightbulbs aren't screwed in all the way. It's really kind of hilarious, and pretty clever if you ask me!

An example of the Hungarian language.


Unique/modern shopping sign


Magazine sample



No comments:

Post a Comment