Monday, May 15, 2017

Another week has come and gone! We had the opportunity to listen to Elder Kearon of the 70 speak and it was amazing. He said many things that will likely change my mission and ultimately the course of my life. One of the things that we talked about was thriving on opposition. He said, "You see, the thing about Mormons is that we simply thrive on opposition. The early saints were, by definition, refugees, but instead of taking that title, they chose to call themselves pioneers. There are 10 million people in Hungary and roughly 100 missionaries. Those are the odds we like!" 

Although our lives may seem hard at times, our trials will be but a small moment and the reward will exceed any amount of pain we may have to endure. Go and read Doctrine and Covenants section 122. Honestly, go and read the scriptures in general. You will find that the happiest people were those who worked the hardest, endured the most, relied on their Savior, and lost themselves in the service of others. Keep your chins up. There is light at the end of every tunnel. Go to your Father in Heaven in fervent prayer daily. Pray as if you are drowning. You need Heavenly help just like your blood needs oxygen. This week, I have been focusing on the enabling power of the Atonement. I encourage you to study it as well, as it is something that each of us needs in our lives.

We also got to Skype yesterday for Mother's day! It was awesome to see the family again. I can't believe Davis is back already. Keep him in line for me, everyone! Also weird thought, skyping yesterday was the last time that I will hear Corinne's voice until she gets back from her mission in Romania! I'm so proud of her. I'm grateful that we both have the opportunity to dedicate this time of our lives to the same cause, and grateful for her influence in my life. Well, that's enough cheesy stuff to last the rest of my mission! 

I love you all and hope that all is well! Go share the Gospel with someone this week. It really is the most wonderful thing that we have to offer. Let's go get persecuted!

Sok szeretettel,

Burnett Elder

p.s. Hungarian word of the week is actually a saying I learned. Ne fesd az ördögöt a falra! In English, it means, "Don't paint the devil on the wall!" or rather, don't assume something will go wrong if it is not certain.






No comments:

Post a Comment