Monday, September 24, 2018


Guess who's sick! Me! This is the 3rd time in the 4 or 5 months that I've been back on my mission that I've gotten a cold. Luckily, it's not that bad and hasn't affected our work schedule. Last Saturday, Elder Suggs and I received a special assignment from president. We have some unused vehicles taking up space in the garage downstairs, and we were asked to drive them to the other side of the river. President also told us to just drive them separately, so that was kind of weird. I drove the rav 4 (President Szabadkai's old car) and it was pretty incredible. We made it there and back with no problems.


I lost my camera last week and 17 miracles was still fresh in my brain, so I knelt down and said, "Heavenly Father... I know that if you could help the pioneers cross the United States, you can help me find my camera. I need an 18th miracle."

Elder Suggs found my camera sitting in the passenger seat of the little Toyota that we drove to the Pest. The weird thing is, we cleaned that car out the day before and I didn't see my camera anywhere. Then, it just happened to be sitting right there in the seat. My friends... it was the 18th miracle!

This week was solid. The new office secretary, Elder Udy, came to join us on Wednesday so now we're in a trio until this next Wednesday. It's been great to have him here, and I'm very excited to work with him. He's from Pennsylvania, likes golfing, and went to BYU for a year before his mission, studying finance. He'll be a great companion!



While we were out contacting earlier this week, we decided to have a competition to see who had the best tie. As we stopped people on the street, we would either start with, or finish with the question, "Which of us missionaries has the best tie?" This made almost everyone we talked to laugh! It was a great way to break the barrier and help them realize that we're not just robots here to convert the world. To answer the question you're all asking, Elder Suggs won with his plain, salmon-pink tie. One guy told us that he hates ties hahaha.

One day, as we were on our way out of the office, Elder Schow called us on the csengő (the doorbell, which also has a camera that you can talk through) and said that there was a Hungarian man that wanted to speak with us. Elder Suggs talked with the Hungarian man and he said, "I've read your book and I want to talk to you! I want you to hear something." We excitedly went down to talk with him. In a nutshell, he tried to explain to us that he read a verse in the Book of Mormon about the 10 commandments, and it reminded him of the Ark of the Covenant. He told us that he was seeking a partner to accompany him to Demascus where he would then uncover the Ark of the Covenant. He also said some other weird things like that he saw the Angel of God, who had 300 wings and is only visible to men over 30 who have children. Women, men under 30, and men with no children apparently can't see angels. 

You just can't make these things up! 

Super sorry, but I'm completely out of time. Hope you all have a great week and I'll try to make next weeks email a bit more spiritual!

Sok szeretettel,

Burnett Elder

Hungarian of the week: Kecske can mean goat, or a slang term for bike. "Yeah, I road my goat to school today"





No comments:

Post a Comment