Wednesday, July 11, 2018

It's already July? This transfer is already over?? I have a new mission president???

Things are insane, let me tell ya. Insane is good though. It keeps things busy and interesting.

This week, we met the Hettingers! They're seriously fantastic. I can't wait to work more with them over the course of my mission. President Hettinger is certainly the man called and set apart to lead the combined Hungary/Romania mission at this time, and he's doing a great job of it so far. I especially love his sense of humor! He's hilarious!

Another 4th of July has come and gone as well. Last year, I had probably my most ironic celebration ever because I spent the 4th in a Hungarian immigration office in Budapest, and we celebrated by eating hot dogs at a Swedish furniture store.

This year, we decided to continue the tradition by eating hot dogs and drinking sparkling cider. Funny story really quickly: The cider is more like, alcohol free champagne, and I'm not super familiar with champagne or how it behaves....You'll understand what I mean in a second... Anyways, there's like this little metal frame thing that holds the cork in the bottle, right? I took that thing off and then we started saying a blessing on our food, and as we were praying, the cork exploded off of the bottle! It was super loud and scared me to death!

There was a special musical fireside this week at our branch house and tons of people, including one of our investigators, Krisztina, came! There is this woman who has a beautiful voice and she sings a lot of church songs in Hungarian. Anyways, she's been travelling around Hungary doing these little musical firesides and it was awesome! The Spirit was so strong, and I'm so grateful that Krisztina was able to get more aquainted with the members in the branch, as well as have her testimony in the Savior strengthened in a really special way.

We got our transfer calls this morning! Ready for the big news? Drum roll!

I'm whitewashing out of Szombathely (that means both my companion and I are moving out), and I'm whitewashing into Sopron as a trainer and district leader! I'm sad to be leaving a place as wonderful as Szombathely so soon, but I'm also so excited for the next adventure! Can't wait! Also fun fact: I'll be in the city that is as far away from Romania as possible.

Wish me luck!

Burnett Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment