Tuesday, December 18, 2018

It's transfer time! Drumroll please......

I'm going to go to Debrecen with Elder Seeley! I'm beyond excited! I loved my time in the office; I really learned a lot, but I'm excited for this next assignment.



We started the week out with Zone Conferences, which were awesome! One of the perks of serving in the Office is that we get to eat lunch at each of the Zone Conferences. One of the downsides (which is minor) is that lunch was the same for each Zone Conference, so we had chicken cordon bleu for 3 days in a row (it was delicious and we're blessed to be fed so much, so I'm not even upset). We also got flu shots, and I didn't even cry :)

During Zone Conference, we had a non member who was being taught by some of the missionaries in Kispest come and we each took turns teaching him the Plan of Salvation. Beforehand, Elder Udy and I were joking that if we went last, we would give him a baptismal date. Well, guess who were the last to teach him! We were! The Spirit in the room was so sweet and everyone was feeling it. The teaching had gone wonderfully, so we went for it and gave him a baptismal challenge. He was surprised, but excitedly accepted! It was such a good experience for everyone.

On Wednesday, Elder Morgan joined us to take my place. We've been working hard to get him trained up and ready to take over here in the office.



On Sunday we sang in the choir for a Christmas concert, which was really fun. We invited tons of people and a few of them showed up! There was a ward lunch right before the concert, and we got an entire fridge of leftovers given to us. We're pretty spoiled :)

The departing Romanians came to Hungary yesterday and I got to spend some time with them. I've done tons of work with all of their travel and things, so I know them all by name, but it was nice to finally put names to faces. We've got a busy schedule with missionaries leaving tomorrow morning, new missionaries coming in today, and MLC tomorrow. Elder Seeley and I have to lead a discussion in MLC and the first time we see each other in person will be at the meeting, so that should be fun to plan.

There are lots of things to look forward to! I'm excited to have more time to dedicate to proselyting and teaching and I know we're going to see miracles in the East!

Boldog Karácsonyt! (Merry Christmas!)

Elder Burnett

Playing ring toss with inflatable reindeer antlers

No comments:

Post a Comment