Tuesday, November 20, 2018

It got really cold, really fast lemme tell ya, but we still had an awesome week. Here are some highlights:

-We went to the Labyrinth under Buda Castle, which is a giant cave that stretches over a kilometer! There are several rooms and prison cells and other fun things down in the cave. Apparently, they kept Dracula/Vlad the impaler as a prisoner down there back in the day.
 
 
-I got banished to Tatabánya again because a Sister Colt came into town for a leadership meeting. I had an awesome time with the Elders over there, and on the train ride home, someone saw me sitting alone and asked if she could sit by me. Turns out, she was a member from Tatabánya and she was confused as to why I was alone on a train. I explained the situation and we had a lot of fun talking together. She wants us to go and visit her brother, who is a non-member who lives in a little village close to Budapest, around Christmas time.
 
-I had dinner with Sister Berente's grandma
 
-We drove to Romania! In Hungary, you can drive with any valid drivers license for up to a year from the day you entered the country. After that year, you have to get a Hungarian drivers license, which is pretty difficult. In order to cheat the system, we just cross the border and come back and then we can drive again for another year. The assistants and Elder Udy needed to get their passports stamped in order to keep driving. I'm the only one who can drive, since I re-entered the country in May, so I got to drive the boys to Romania. We crossed the border, drove about 20km to the closest turning point and flipped right around.
 

I forgot to mention that last week during Stake Conference, it was announced that Hungary is getting a Patriarch! When President Southwick made the announcement, there was an audible gasp from the audience. I was immediately struck with a feeling I've never felt before. I felt like my spirit recognized the significance of the announcement before my brain could catch up as tears welled up in my eyes. The Hungarians are all so happy for this incredible new opportunity - to receive patriarchal blessings in their own language, from a brother whom many love and know personally. It was an eye-opening experience for me, as I realized how much we may take for granted the fact that we have patriarchs in our stakes at home. We really are so blessed!

Szeretettel,

Burnett elder

No comments:

Post a Comment