Monday, April 24, 2017

Well, I finally made it to Hungary! The journey here was rough. I went 39 hours without sleep because I couldn't sleep on the plane at all. I don't think I've ever been so tired in my entire life. We don't have a ton of time to email so I might miss some details, but overall this has been amazing. Europe is different. It's interesting to say the least. The food here is amazing and there are bakeries on every corner.

My companion is Jones Elder and we are basically the same person. He's hilarious and we share a lot of interests. He's a lot more sporty than I am, but we get along super well. It's been a blast! My first area is Pest! We are whitewashing it, meaning neither of us has served in the area before, so that's fun. We're slowly finding our way around town. We use buses to get everywhere.

Tracting is really weird because every house here in Budapest has a huge metal fence with a gate around it, so we can't knock on doors. Instead, we ring things that are like doorbells from the gate and people either answer over a speaker or they poke their head out of their door. The people here love that we're trying to learn their language. I think it makes them happy to watch us struggle with the words. Most people very kindly tell us that they are already faithful members of a different religion or they're just not interested. Of course, we also get a lot of really rude people too, but for the most part there are just a bunch of sweet little old ladies that call us adorable and tell us no thank you.

We're out of time, but just know that I'm doing great! I love you all. Thanks for everything!

Sok Szeretettel,

Burnett Elder











No comments:

Post a Comment